Capacity building program for 7-11 grades teachers
In cooperation with UNICEF Armenia, the Ayb Educational Foundation started the implementation of a capacity-building program for teachers of 7-11 grades. It is conducted as part of the Adolescents for Climate Action in Their Communities program funded by the Austrian Development Agency.
This program aims to acquaint teachers of 7-11 grades the climate change issues and with the entire process of planning the project-based learning program on that topic, which implies to:
- present the connection of project-based learning with the state standards of general education;
- present the project-based work as learners’ capacity building and developing means;
- introduce the sequential steps in planning project-based learning;
- develop the skills to perform project-based work on the topic of climate change;
- familiarize with the tools of budgeting for project implementation.
Who can participate in the program?
Science and humanities teachers teaching in grades 7-11 from 33 communities of Tavush, Syunik, Gegharkunik, Lori, Shirak and Vayots Dzor.
Here are the communities:
Here is the program schedule:
* Training sessions scheduled on weekdays will take place after school.
The program will empower teachers of 7-11 grades:
- fully master the content and sequence of project-based learning, which will become one of the main components of a teacher's work from 2023;
- under the guidance of experienced mentors, apply the acquired knowledge in practice and master the planning of the project-based work;
- participate in an inter-community competition with a relevant project and, in case of winning, receive support for implementation of the project.
Registration is open until December 25.
In case of questions you can contact us by:
Tel: +374 98 523 707 (weekdays from 9:00 to 18:00 )
Email: [email protected]